Progress! Governor DeSantis released an executive order Wednesday evening to launch Phase 1 of the reopening of the State of Florida - Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-By-Step. Plan for Florida's Recovery.
Per the order, most of the state of FL can start reopening May 4th. Southern FL is excluded from reopening for the time being due to higher incidents of Covid-19 infections. The Governor's said approach is to take data driven steps to strategically open the state slowly and safely in line with the guidelines released from the White House this past week. Below are some highlights. Please refer to the Governor's official order for specifics and details:
• Schools remain distance learning
• Visits to senior living facilities are prohibited
• Elective surgeries can resume
• Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with 6 foot space between tables & indoor seating at 25%
• Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity
• Short-term vacation rentals prohibited until further notice.
• No changes for bars, gyms and personal services such as hair dressers and barbers.
• Movie theaters remain closed
• Vulnerable individuals should avoid close contact with people outside the home.
Phase 1 maintains Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 - social distancing while in public, avoiding groups of 10 or more, using face masks in public when you can’t maintain 6 feet distance from others etc..
As always, please let me know if there is anything i may do to assist you with all things real estate. Be safe and well.